If you own a gun, then you know how keeping it clean and properly lubricated is of utmost importance. If you don’t include this activity in your routine, you may end up in a hospital. Why? Because when they are not adequately taken care of, guns tend to suffer damage, thus malfunctions can occur.
In order to avoid such accidents, it would be best if you took all precautions and cleaned your gun (or guns) regularly. Fortunately, there are hundreds of products on the market that will help you clean your firearms appropriately. All you have to do is go for the best gun cleaner solvent you can find.
What is a gun cleaner solvent?
Just as you have a dishsoap that helps you clean your dishes, you should have a gun cleaner solution. It is a specially designed solution that will make your gun cleaning process much easier, as well as more efficient.
The ingredients in a weapon cleaner solvent are mixed in such a manner that makes residue come off quickly and easily. Its purpose is to spare you from the trouble of having to clean your gun without any help whatsoever. If you tried it before, then you know it can be a real pain in the behind.
How does it work?
It’s not rocket science. The chemicals in the solvent are meant to dissolve anything in the bore (such as carbon or metal fouling). Once the solution is applied, it is easier to wipe it with a cloth. The alternative is not very promising. Residue comes off very hard. Without something to loosen it, there is no chance you can scrape it off.
What to look for in a solvent?
When looking for a gun cleaner solution, there are a few aspects you should consider. You may see that it says “gun cleaner” on the label, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s what you are searching for. Here are afew things you should think of before making an actual purchase:
- Make sure that the product has good reviews. This is the best way to ensure that you are shopping for the best gun cleaner solvent on the market. I assume that there isn’t just one that is of highquality, but it doesn’t hurt to ask around. That way you won’t have to go through the trouble of buying multiple products just so you could find the right one. After all, this is your safety we are talking about. Do not treat it lightly.
- Beware of the label. The last thing you want in your home is a product that is highly toxic. Solvents are not supposed to be edible, that’s for sure, but they shouldn’t intoxicate you either. The best thing you could do is read the label and make sure that the particular gun cleaner is safe to use around the house. Also, in the case of accidents happening, noone will end up in the hospital due to severe solvent intoxication (cans can explode).
- It’s best if the product of your choice is not flammable. The reason behind this requirement is mostly self-explanatory. In the event of a fire, or if you accidentally leave it in the sun and it’s in a metal can, the gun cleaner will not make things worse.
- Go for a product that doesn’t get you out of the house everytime you clean your weapon. The odor should have a big say in your decision. Nobody says that it must smell like lilies, but it shouldn’t stink up the house either. Find something that has a discrete scent, something that doesn’t bother you (or those around you) too much.
What happens when you don’t clean your gun?
As I stated above, cleaning your firearm is a crucial aspect of owning one. You should know that from the first moment you decide that you want a gun. For you to understand what can happen, here are a few malfunctions caused by dirty weapons that can put your life in danger, as well as others.
Squib load (incomplete discharge)
This happens when there is a blockage (metal fouling or another residue) in the barrel of the gun. As a result, the round will get stuck, and the next round will strike the first one, which will cause your weapon to explode. This may be of deadly danger. People around you may get hurt as well.
Failure to extract
If you are reading this, then you know how a gun works. You know that after the round is shot the cartridge will be removed by the weapon’s mechanism and evicted. However, a gun damaged by rust or other corrosive agents will cause the firearm to fail to extract, which means that the next live round is shot at the base of the lodged previous round. This may cause your gun to explode. The consequences can be lethal.
Failure to feed
The accumulation of dirt, lead, or grime can cause the cartridge not to sit properly in the firing chamber. Also, if the gun’s spring is dirty, it can cause the failure to feed as well.
In order to avoid all these malfunctions and to potentially spare your life, all you have to do is keep your gun clean and well lubricated at all times. It is a simple procedure, so don’ get lazy.
Best gun cleaning solvent reviews
Seeing all those products in stores and online, you may be having a tough time choosing the best one. That is why I put together three of the best gun cleaner solvents available on the market.
M-Pro 7 Gun Cleaner
This product is a smart choice for anyone who likes their gun squeaky clean. The advanced technology behind it allows the separation of the carbon particles at a molecular level, which basically means that no carbon fouling will remain in the bore after M-Pro 7 is used. For exactly the same reason, It cuts the cleaning time to minutes. You don’t have to keep rubbing for the residues to come off.
M-Pro 7 will get off all carbon, lead and most of the copper fouling. It also works as a lubricant, which will protect your gun against future corrosion. This will help against wear and will make your weapon last longer. According to customers’ reviews, this one is the best gun cleaner lubricant.
This gun cleaner is water based. You will not need gloves to handle it, and if it happens to spill, the solution will not stain your clothes (or your carpet). There is no odor, which means you can handle it in the comfort of your home, around your family or pets. You don’t have to open all your windows and doors for the foul smell to go away, just like with most gun cleaner solvents.
It is non-toxic either. You can store it almost anywhere. If you worry that it will explode, don’t. It is completely non-flammable.
One of the best things about M-Pro 7 is that it comes in different sizes. If you have a simple handgun that you barely use, then you can buy the 4-ounce bottle. But if you have several firearms and like to hunt or go to the range on a regular basis, a bigger bottle may be more appropriate.
The only downside of this product is that it does not do well with copper fouling. If you like playing with high-velocity rifles, then M-Pro 7 may not suit you. But if you own other kinds of firearms, you can totally overlook this aspect. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Slip 2000 725 Gun Cleaner
Slip 2000 enjoys years and years of customers’ satisfaction. It is a water-based, biodegradable gun cleaning solvent that will help you maintain the integrity of your weapons.
It can remove almost everything, from oil and grease, to carbon and cosmoline. The best part is that it can do it very fast in most cases. All you have to do is spray the solution on the areas of the gun you want to clean and wait a few minutes. Wipe everything with a cloth and you are done.
As far as the smell goes, if you try it, you will see that it kind of feels like one of those glass cleaning products (Windex). This makes it great to use it inside the house. Your family will not even notice that you are cleaning your weapon.
Health is a big issue when it comes to such products, which is why Slip 2000 is safe to keep inside your home. It is non-toxic and non-flammable. There are no special storage instructions, but try to keep it out of reach of children. You never know.
The con for Slip 2000725 is that it may seem like soapy water to some people. Also, a revolver, for example, will take a lot of scrubbing before being thoroughly clean. It would be best if you had another gun cleaner product to use on the barrels of the guns you want clean. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
This is the perfect 3-in-1 product that will clean, lubricate and protect your weapons. It is the best gun cleaning solvent and oil that will give your rifle a long lasting life.
This is not a water based product, but that does not mean it’s a bad thing. It actually means that your firearm will not get rusty if there are Gunzilla deposits left in the barrel.
One of the advantages of being a 3-in-1 product is that you clean and protect at the same time. It will cut your caregiving in half. As far as what it protects your gun from, Gunzilla works best on rust, copper, and lead.
This gun cleaner solvent is safe to store around the house. It is non-toxic and non-flammable. It does not contain any petroleum-based ingredients, so it is safe as this goes. Also, the smell is very discreet, you can barely feel it. It will not stink up the house.
One aspect that you will love about Gunzilla is how easy it comes off. You are aware of how often you get dirty while cleaning your gun. Many products stain and God forbid you to spill some on the carpet. However, Gunzilla comes off with just soap and water.
The con argument in Gunzilla’s case would be the lubrication of semi-automatic and automatic weapons. While it works great as a lubricant for a revolver, a semi-automatic gun will need more. It wears off after shooting a couple of dozen rounds. So if you are a fan of semi-automatic firearms, you should try something better as a lubricant. Other than that, Gunzilla is the best gun cleaning oil you will ever try. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Although all three of these products work great in different circumstances, the best gun cleaning solvent will be the one that can do its job in all three categories: cleaning, lubrication, and protection. As far as I’m concerned, the best product is M-Pro 7. It has been around for years and so far it has not created much disappointment, as opposed to the other 2 products that each fails at something. It may not be ideal for copper fouling, but other than that it is the perfect solution for cleaning your gun.
Whichever product you decide to purchase, keep in mind that the most important thing is to take all precautions for safe use. The fact that you are looking for the best gun cleaning solvent and oil tells me that you are on the right path. A clean, lubricated gun means a reliable weapon that can be fired under the safest circumstances.
- Things You Should Know About Spray Gun Cleaner Solvent
- Best Bore Cleaning Solvent Ideas
- Gun Cleaning Patches Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Universal Gun Cleaning Kit – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- What You Don’t Know About Best Gun Bore Cleaner
- One Simple Tip About Break Free Gun Cleaner Revealed
- The Top Secret Details About Best Gun Cleaners That Most People Do Not Know About
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Gun Bore Cleaner
- What You Don’t Know About Oil Gun Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- The New Fuss About Best Gun Cleaning Supplies
- Key Pieces of Gun Cleaner Spray
- The Importance of Gun Cleaning Products
- The Hidden Truth About Gun Cleaning Tools
- What Everyone Else Does When It Comes to Clp Lubricant and What You Must Do Different
- The Indisputable Truth About Best Gun Cleaning Products That Nobody Is Telling You
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Gun Cleaning Mat Before You’re Left Behind
- What Is So Fascinating About Gun Cleaning Oil?
- Untold Stories on Ultrasonic Gun Cleaner You Really Need to Read
- Top Guide of Bore Cleaner
- The Best Bore Cleaner Stories
- How to Find Best Gun Cleaning Kit
- Top Clp Gun Cleaner Reviews!
- The True Meaning of Gun Cleaning
- A Fool’s Guide to Gun Cleaner Explained
- Best Gun Cleaner – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- Whatever They Told You About Gun Cleaning Solvent Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- Why Everybody Is Mistaken Regarding Gun Cleaning Supplies
- What Everybody Else Does When It Comes to Gun Cleaning Kit and What You Should Do Different
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Sonic Gun Cleaner and How It Can Affect You
- Clp Cleaner – the Story
- The Truth About 9mm Gun Cleaning Kit
- The New Fuss About Gun Cleaning Equipment
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Gun Cleaner and Lubricant
- The Secret to Lube Gun
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Best Gun Cleaning Solvent and Oil Exposed